Thursday, July 14, 2011

The how questions of life

Have you ever realised that we are daily battling with the how questions in our lives, questions like how am I going to raise money for my studies, how am I going to realise my dreams without somebody helping me, how am I going to survive through the month, how am I going to pay my ever increasing debts with my small and shrinking salary, how am I going to live without him/her? These questions continue to depress, frustrate, discourage and stop many from moving forward. What I have observed is that life doesn’t always give us all the answers to the how questions. For an example, nobody knows how a black cow that eats green grass ends up producing white milk. We don’t know how tomorrow, next week or next year will be like. All these are mysteries of life. All we need to do is to learn to leave the how questions to God and focus on what needs to be done. We need to know that the how questions are more like tunnels we need to pass through. A tunnel that will eventually lead us to a place where everything will start making sense
A certain woman learned this, when one particular night she encountered a harrowing experience. The front tyre of her car burst in the middle of nowhere. It was extremely cold and dark outside and on top of that, the woman didn’t even know how to change a tyre. Whilst busy battling with the depressing thoughts emanating from the how questions. The woman looked at the sky through her front windscreen and said, “if you are there God, Please help me.” For a moment it looked as if nothing was going to happen. But after 45 minutes or so, suddenly from nowhere she heard a sound of a truck coming towards her. Immediately, the woman went outside to try and stop the truck. Fortunately, for her, the driver decided to stop and offer assistance. From the tyre experience, the two got to know each other. They began dating and later got married. Without earlier knowing how to answer the how question, the woman found herself on the other side of her challenges where everything began to make sense. So, in a nutshell, don’t allow the how questions of life to derail or stop you from moving forward in your journey of life. Leave the how questions to the man upstairs (God) and focus on what you can do.
www.beingpositiveinanegativeworld.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment